Intermediate Licence Training Course
The intermediate programme consists of eight theory modules and seven practical tasks.
- Introduction, Safety, Identify Construction Projects
- Nature of Amateur Radio, Licence Conditions
- Technical Basics
- Transmitters and Receivers, Feeders and Antennas
- Propagation, EMC
- Operating Practices and Procedures
- Course Review, Demonstration of Completed Projects
A major part of the Intermediate licence program is the practical element. You are required to:
- construct your own simple DC circuit
- measure voltages, currents and resistance (equipment provided)
- demonstrate the operation of diodes and transistors (equipment provided)
- put a BNC or PL259 plug onto a piece of coaxial cable
- put a 13A plug onto a piece of mains cable
- calibrate a Variable Frequency Oscillator (provided)
- build your own radio related project
You must have passed both the Foundation examination and the Foundation level practical assessment before you can take this course.
How do I book onto a course?
Email gares @ g4aym . org . uk or use our Contact Us form for more information.