Gloucester Amateur Radio & Electronics Society
Join us for:
- Informal club meetings
- Talks and lectures
- Training and exams
- On the air meetings and nets
- DF Hunts
- Construction competitions
- Field days
- Outdoor activities and picnics
- Demonstration stations
- Club activity contests
- A well equipped club shack
We meet most Mondays at Churchdown School, Winston Road, GL3 2RB
Please see below for details of our next meetings
Face to Face Meetings
Due to ongoing Covid restrictions, we are still unable to meet at the school but a new venue has been located in Down Hatherley and we will meet there every two weeks. To ensure social distancing, numbers at this venue are limited so for details of dates, times etc. please contact garesg4aym at aol dot co dot uk.
On the air
We meet on the air most weekdays
- Monday (club on the air) at 7.30pm on 145.475MHz FM when we are not meeting Face to Face.
This on-the-air meeting is normally hosted by Les (G0ULH)
- Tuesday at 8.30pm on 144.550MHz Amplitude Modulation (AM).
Normally hosted by Jim (2E0GKN)
- Wednesday (traditional club net) at 7.30pm on 145.475MHz FM.
Normally hosted by Tony (G4HBV)
- Thursday (HF club on the air) at 7.30pm. Meet on 145.475MHz FM and then QSY to 80m SSB.
Normally hosted by Les (G0ULH), assisted by Gary (M0XAC)
- Friday at 7.30pm on 432.220MHz SSB.
Most participants use Vertical Polarised aerials. Normally hosted by Anne (2E1GKY)
(If the specified frequency is engaged, we will use a free nearby channel).
Daytime Gatherings, every day on 2m
The idea is not to have a formal net like the other nets, but to just put a call out during the times below to see if there is anyone around who would like a chat. There will be no 'net controller' but if things get chaotic hopefully a leader will emerge!
- Suggested frequency: 145.475 MHz FM, if occupied try 145.575 MHz.
- Times: Virtual Coffee Morning 11:00 - 12:00 local time, every day including weekends.
- Virtual Afternoon Tea: 15:00 - 16:00 local time, again every day.
This is a temporary page as our ability to run the club in a 'normal' way is constrained by ongoing COVID restrictions that have been imposed on us by various local meeting places and to ensure the safety of club members and vistors.
The page will be updated as and when more information becomes available.